Morton endured injury time agony as a last gasp Luke Leahy leveller denied them a win over Falkirk.

Ton led from early in the game through skipper Lee Kilday but for the second weekend in a row they could not see it out and had to settle for a draw.

Morton, who made no changes from the team that won so well at Hamilton in midweek, started the game well.

Michael Tidser was bossing the midfield and came close to opening the scoring with a clever chip from just outside the box which was tipped over by Bairns' keeper Deniz Mehmet.

Morton took the lead 25 minutes in when Mehmet fumbled Ross Forbes' inswinging corner and as the keeper was stranded Kilday took full advantage by knocking the ball into the net.

Falkirk were struggling to get into the game, Lee Miller's tame snapshot the best they could muster.

The home side continued to press, Forbes sending a free kick over the bar and then Ricki Lamie spurned a good opening when he burst upfield and elected to shoot when he had good options either side, dragging his left footed attempt well wide.

After the break Falkirk improved and a flurry of early pressure brought three close calls for Jim Duffy's hosts. The visitors were seeing lots of the ball, although they struggled to create clear cut openings.

Their best looking opportunity came when they won a free kick in a dangerous position just outside the box but Aaron Muirhead's effort was appalling as he blazed the ball over the bar and into orbit.

Ton were struggling to get out but Kilday came close to a second goal when he headed just wide after good play from the busy and enterprising Gary Oliver won a corner.

Falkirk, with subs John Baird, Myles Hippolyte and Nathan Austin all thrown on, continued to push forward - and they got their reward right at the death, into the third minute of additional time.

A trademark Hippolyte long throw flew into the box, Ton did not deal with it and Leahy was in the right place to bundle home and rescue a point for his team, who are now unbeaten in their last 10 outings against Morton.

After losing a late goal last week against St Mirren, Ton were left kicking themselves once again and will look to notch their first league win of the season next Saturday when they welcome Dumbarton to Cappielow.