Sean and Fred sign up for Ton

Published: 4 Jun 2011 10:007 comments

ALLAN Moore completed a week of frenzied transfer activity yesterday by bringing Sean Fitzharris back to the club - while tying down Fouad Bachirou on a new contract.

ON WAY BACK: Sean Fitzharris.

Winger Fitzharris, 19, spent last season on loan at Cappielow from Celtic, but was recently released by the Parkhead side.

He has, the Tele understands, snubbed interest from SPL sides and offers of trials from clubs in England to sign a one-year deal with Ton.

And Frenchman Bachirou has ended speculation he may not return to Cappielow by putting pen to paper on a new one-year contract extension.

Yesterday also saw former Hamilton defender Andy Graham, 27, complete the formalities of his deal after returning from holiday.

Moore told the Tele: "I can confirm we've signed Sean Fitzharris. He has agreed a one-year deal and is a player who I know exactly what I will get from.

"He's a local lad and lives in Inverkip, and I think that's been an important part in us being able to entice him to come back here.

"He's a winger who excites fans and gets them off their seat with his dribbling and ability to run at people.

"I played in the same position, so I know exactly what I want from my wide men. I like to play with a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and for them to be able to beat men and get crosses over, and Sean has that ability.

"The only thing with Sean was that he's suffered a wee bit with injuries. I'm hoping that he's over some of the problems from last season and we see more of him on the park next season as he can be a big player for us."

Moore is also delighted to secure the signature of fans' favourite Bachirou, who had previously cast doubt over his Cappielow future after admitting suffering from homesickness during his spell in Scotland.

He said: "Fred has also signed a new one-year deal and returns on 20 June for pre-season training. He's a very good player who the fans really took to because of his tenacious playing style, especially towards the end of the season when he was getting a game every week.

"We're starting to build something here for next season, so we're delighted he'll be with us for that."

And completing the trio of signings is Ton fan Graham, who Moore has captured at the second time of trying, also on a one-year-deal.

He said: "I had Andy with me at Stirling and he's the best pro I've ever worked with.

"I tried to sign him last year but he decided to join Hamilton to play in the SPL.

"As soon as I knew he was available again, I had no hesitation in going straight back out and signing him.

"He's from Dunoon and is a big Morton supporter who has spent many a day watching the club from Cowshed, so he'll be delighted to be coming here.

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.

• dezzyboots
    27 posts
    Jun 4, 11:23

some great signings thus far - the squad is looking better than before - though I'm very concerned about the goalkeeper position - i still think we need more experienced back-up. we might get lucky with injuries this season (hopefully) though - which would be a bonus. alan (moore) is making his mark at the club and hopefully this season we can push for the SPL. Other teams will obviously be favourites above us - but with the players now available (and a good start to the season a must) - we could surprise people. If we can add a further player of two - if the money is there - i see no reason for us to cause teams some damage. C'mon ye ton !

Recommend?   Yes 5     No 0

• florida
    5 posts
    Jun 4, 13:40

well done to allan moore for his part in bringing in players that will have us up there fighting for the title this year, and also a big thank you to dougie rae for making funds available to let allan bring these guys in , best of luck lads,

Recommend?   Yes 2     No 0

• clydesider
    4 posts
    Jun 4, 14:52

Amazing news for the long suffering Morton fans. We now have something to look forward to in the coming season.

Hats off to Douglas Rae for spending money on good players and giving Allan Moore a free hand on his selection of players he thinks will give Greenock a winning team.

Well done to all concerned!!

Recommend?   Yes 1     No 0

• jester74
    1 post
    Jun 4, 14:59

Not bad signings so far. Can we also try and sign consistancy? If so, then I think that we have as good a chance as any this season. C'mon the ton!

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• WonkotheSane
    1 post
    Jun 5, 09:54

Delighted. Two excellent players. Things are looking up

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• LIVERMARTPOOL
    1 post
    Jun 5, 12:47

would be nice to see them back in spl been unlucky once or twice.is this there year?i live in doncaster so only see them maybe a couple of times a season.on tv would be alot easier C`MON U TON

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• ericsorenson
    25 posts
    Jun 7, 03:07

Aye, looks a promising bunch. Last Dunoon man I can think of was the great (sometimes) Billy Osborne - who can remember (apart from me, and the man himself) his goal v Dundee united when he dribbled from the corner flag and then belted it past the keeper? The chairman takes a lot of credit when it would have been so easy to revert to part time. They really need a good start to the season. Hope they can really challenge Dundee and Falkirk etc.

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0