EXCLUSIVE: Moore set to sign one-year extension
Published: 6 May 2013 11:301 comment
There had been uncertainty surrounding the futures of the Ton boss and his assistant Mark McNally with their three-year contracts set to expire in June.
However, the pair thrashed out the terms of their extension last week and will remain in charge of the team next season.
Moore had declined to discuss his future until after the final league game, which ended in a disappointing 4-1 defeat to Falkirk, but last night told the Tele that he had finalised a new deal. The Ton boss, who will sign the new agreement on the expiration of his current contract next month, also confirmed that the club will remain full-time but with a reduced wage budget.
Speaking exclusively to the Tele, Moore said: "Mark McNally and I have agreed another year. Nothing has been signed yet because our current contracts don't expire until next month.
"But my agent has spoken to the chairman and Crawford [Rae] and there's a deal on the table that we are quite happy to take.
"We're delighted to be staying and we're going try and put a winning team on the pitch again next season.
"It's another challenge and we're looking forward to it, and the good thing is we'll be staying full-time.
"We're hoping to get some of the players who did so well this season tied up again, and we'll be speaking to them about that tomorrow [Monday]."
Two players who have already left the club are experienced pros Martin Hardie and Colin McMenamin.
Moore confirmed: "I spoke to big Hardie last week and Colin on Saturday to tell them that we wouldn't be keeping them.
"We will be going with a younger team next season. We have got a budget cut, but I'm not making that an excuse.
"I do think we need to go with younger legs all over the park."
On Saturday's defeat, he added: "We didn't have Hardie, Kevin Rutkiewicz, Michael Tidser or Peter MacDonald, and they have been the catalyst for us doing well this season.
"We had a weakened team, but that weakened team showed that it isn't going to be good enough for next year.
"In that respect it's a worry.
"Recent results have put a dampener on what has been a really good season for us.
"We've got fans coming through to watch us and the rubbish we produced in the second half isn't good enough.
"I'm just glad to see the end of this season now, and that's what annoys me. For such a good season four weeks ago it's turned into one that's frustrated and annoyed me.
"I've been really upset the last few weeks when I should have been chuffed with what the boys have done.
"I shook all their hands and thanked them for giving us a great season before the game, but they never got a handshake again after it - they got shouted at.
"I don't care if they are going to be here next year or going somewhere else, when I played and walked on the park, I didn't give rubbish like they served up and they got told that."