GREG Kiltie hopes he can push on with Morton after scoring his first competitive goal in over two-and-a-half years.

The winger, on loan from Kilmarnock, opened the scoring against Falkirk on Friday night with a lovely piece of individual skill before Zak Rudden equalised shortly afterwards, with the game ending 1-1.

The point helped solidify Morton’s hold on sixth place, and moved them within three points of the play-off places.

Kiltie, 22, who has been involved in every game with the Ton since joining on loan from Killie in January, hopes he and Morton can both kick on this season, and is glad he made the switch to Greenock.

He told the Tele: “When I picked the ball up, I looked up and there wasn’t much on so I just drove with the ball and ended up with a finish at the end of it — so happy 

“It’s nice to get my first goal with Morton after joining in January. I came here to help them climb the table.

“I want to play as many games as possible and that didn’t happen in the first half of the season. I thought it was time to go and play again and the gaffer let me go out on the loan, which was good.

“It’s always the aim to get as high up as we can. If we get a play-off spot that’s a bonus but that’s the aim. 

“I came here to enjoy myself and hopefully the boys can all rally together and get it.”

The Ton played with a man advantage for a majority of the second half on Friday after Paul Dixon was sent off 15 minutes into the second period.

However, Morton were unable to capitalise on having the extra player — and Kiltie says it became more difficult after Falkirk shifted to a more defensive approach.

He added: “It’s disappointing not to get the three points, especially when they go down to 10 men in the second half.

“It was disappointing not to kick on and get the three points but sometimes it becomes harder when they go a man down. We’ll take the point, take it as a positive and move on.”

It was a hectic period for the Ton, with three games in the space of a week. Kiltie had only played a handful of games prior to moving on loan, after missing large spells of 2018 through injury.

The 22-year-old says he and his team-mates are satisfied with getting a win and a draw after a disappointing loss to Inverness Caley Thistle.

He said: “Having the three games in a week was tough on us and it was nice to come out with a win and a draw at the end of it. That was positive.

“I only started playing regular 90 minutes again about a month ago, so that was the gaffer’s thinking behind me starting on the bench on Tuesday, but he put me back in against Falkirk.

“It’s been good and I hope to play the rest of the games while I’m here.”